Sunday, February 2, 2014

Haiku Deck

Quick, Cool and Easy are three words to describe the new technology tool that I was introduced to! Haiku deck is simple and very attractive! I can't stop making the slide shows, and  my five year old is addicted too! He has made a slide show about zoo animals, toys, and sports! This app is so user friendly that he can navigate through it with a few clicks!

At our last test data meeting, we discovered that our weakness in math is number sense. I decided to use Haiku deck to help me out with this weakness! I created a five page slide show titled, Numbers for your Noggin! For every day of the week I created a slide that tackled basic number sense skills.

Monday - basic identification of numbers
Tuesday - Before, After, and Between
Wednesday - Odd/Even
Thursday - Greater Than/Less Than
Friday - Review of Monday - Thursday

Each slide had five questions that covered the skill listed above. The backgrounds are decorated with math/number pictures. The content is very basic, but it looks entertaining because of the Haiku presentation styles. I used Air server to project my ipad on the board. We went through the daily slide  together on Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday I gave them a matching worksheet where they filled in their answers. I will continue to use this same slide show, editing the dates and the problems within the show. I think it is a great way to start math. The kids enjoyed the quick review and I hope that this will help with our weakness in number sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment