Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tech Plan


As a teacher it is very important to keep up with technology. Students need to be introduced to new tools that help them grow as learners. As teachers it is our responsibility to expose our students to different ways of learning. While researching exercise and the brain I came across a great statement from Eric Jensen that I feel also applies to using technology in the classroom. This is a little excerpt from my ROL.

Eric Jensen shares his opinion when he states, “It is astonishing that the dominant model for learning is still, “sit and git.” It’s not astonishing, it’s embarrassing” (1998, p. 60). Strong environmental influences are changing the way our students think and process information. Teachers need to change their teaching styles to accommodate the learners who are entering their classrooms today.

Naturally students gravitate towards new technology. They enjoy the quick, entertaining applications and results that the new tools provide. I work with a team of very experienced teachers. I see the fear that they have for new technology tools. I do not want that to be me. I know that if I do not make a plan for myself, I will wind up feeling uncomfortable too!

Technology Plan/Goals

  • Find a new tool monthly. I find a new tool to implement monthly.
    • Through Website, Tech For Teachers
    • Research Blogs
  • Attend Appy Hour
    •  
  • Stay Updated!
    • My child will be a kindergartener next year, so I think that it will be easier for me to stay connected!
  • Be OPEN to try new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment