Thursday, December 12, 2013

New Tech Tool

Animoto Book Report

Over the last week we have been reading holiday stories during our regular reading block and I have also been reading a short picture book during teacher read time. The kids love it and they enjoy learning how others celebrate! Today I put every holiday story out for them to create an Animoto book report. We only have the free version on our Ipads, but they still enjoyed creating a small book report! On the SAMR model, this is only a substitution for learning the reading concepts. I do feel that my students are gaining technology skills through manipulating the Ipad with this app. Making a video is very technical and it requires my students to follow many steps in the correct sequence. For these skills I defiantly feel like I am moving up the SAMR ladder. These are the steps that my students followed to create their holiday book reports. I also included a sample of a quick book report!  
Step One - Go to the ANIMOTO App
Step Two -Press Create

Step Three- Take PICTURES

·         Cover, Main Character, Setting, Problem, Solution


Touch the pictures you are using so they have a green check mark .......Press USE
Step Four Select Style and Music ......Press Next
Step Five Name Video (Your Name) Open Up the Middle (TRICKY)
Step  Six   Add 5 Text Slides  - Make sure that they are in the order you want them in! Include Jot Dots!
Character  ___________________
Setting __________________________
Problem ________________________
Solution ________________________
Rating ______________________
Step Seven Press Preview then Save Video Press Play
Holiday Book Report








 

No comments:

Post a Comment