Thursday, December 26, 2013

Educreations App

For the past three months, our Power Half Hour has focused on Foundational Skills. Our grade level did not have power half hour last week, so I did a little review project during that time using Educreations. I instructed my students to have five pages in their slide show. They had to make an individual page for synonyms, antonyms, verbs, adjectives and nouns. On these slides they included a picture and some sort of writing. When they recorded their voices, they had to explain each element. I was very impressed with the results of this project. They were able to explain the skill, and went a step farther by giving examples of each skill. Most impressively, they were able to find/take pictures, add text and voice, and save their slide show. They enjoyed every minute of this project. Some students chose to work together while, some preferred to work by themselves. I liked using this app as a review project. I will definitely use it again. They catch on to the technology side of things so quickly! I included an example of one of the slide shows that was created!
Example of Slide Show

No comments:

Post a Comment