Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Roadblocks and Successes

Roadblocks
What might get in the way of completing my goals?
  • TIME - As teachers, we have so much to complete in a small amount of time! I hope that I make time for all of my must haves! I always feel that a person can FIND time if something is truly important. Building a class community and organizing a plan for my gifted and talented readers WILL happen.
  • Participation - I would like my co-workers to participate in the backwards design lessons that we created for our reading themes. We can do great things if we all work together. I also need parent participation to help my students grow through discussions.
  • SLOW DOWN! I need to slow down and pay close attention to my action research project. This research process will take a lot of time and require a lot of attention. I want to track my data very accurately.
Successes
What successes might be seen when my goals are met?
  • A STRONG class community! All students feeling like they are an essential part of our class!
  • POWERFUL discussions! Discussions in literature studies that allow the students to dig deep and use high order thinking!
  • COMPLETE lesson plans that incorporate all types of learners. ESSENTIAL questions are answered!
  • Nikki Perius with a HUGE smile! Implementations that improve my style of teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment