Monday, March 4, 2013

Time Savers

I would like to start with showing you a few of my favorite time savers! Please share yours too!

  • Art Project Hangers - This idea came from a kindergarten teacher. They are great for two reasons! One, I know who is finished with their project, since they hang them on their names. Two, I don't have to spend that extra time with the tape dispenser!
  • Game - Secret Scrap - Do you ever catch yourself cleaning up your floors when the kids leave? When our classroom gets messy, we play the game, Secret Scrap! I walk around the room to find the perfect scrap. My excited and ambitious students try to find the secret scrap. The lucky winner receives a prize.
  • Locker Displays- At the beginning of the year, I cut off the 3-ring binder side of clear slips. I tape them to the lockers with a piece of card stock inside. Throughout the year, my kids put their inside the clear slips. Sharing a writing display = no time :-) !



4 comments:

  1. Nikki,
    I LOVE this idea of posting time savers for others to benefit from. Time is, unfortunately, our #1 enemy as teachers so any way to save on it is much appreciated! I'll be sure to let you know when I post some of my time savers...this would be a great BOC talk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the time savers. Thanks for sharing! My class plays the secret scrap game and they love it. Who knew that picking up the floor could be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your secret scrap idea. Will be trying that with my messy kindergartners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant ideas to share!
    It was nice meeting you at the conference last weekend.
    I hope you had a safe drive back.

    ReplyDelete